Welcome to the SUNYLA Technology Discussion Group (TDG)! This group has had several incarnations: Technology Users Group (TUG), Library Software Users Group (LiSUG), and SUNY Aleph Users Group (SUNYAUG). The current committee is an informal discussion group with the following goals:
- Serve as a focus for the exchange of information about various library technologies including but not limited to automation, information technology, web services, user experience, etc.
- Encourage discussion and education within and between interest groups of SUNY librarians and staff
- Maintain lines of communication with the SUNY Office of Library and Information Services (OLIS)
- Provide an informal space to talk technology issues that matter to SUNY librarians
- Organize the annual mid-winter SUNYLA virtual conference
The Technology Discussion Group primarily exists on Slack:
Please follow this link to join the team: https://sunyla-tdg.herokuapp.com/
Current Slack discussion channels include:
It can also be found can be found on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/912824242145502/
To be added to either of these spaces please contact Jill Locascio: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone can join and members are encouraged to participate and post any technology issues, questions, comments, interesting articles that they think may be of use to the group.
It is hoped that as the group/discussion progresses we may be able to identify some additional initiatives and opportunities for collaboration for the group.
- Ex Libris/ALEPH500 Resources
- Automation & Information Technology Related Listservs incl email@example.com
- LiSUG Discussion List
- LiSUG Guidelines for Operations
Reports (Former Information Technology Committee)
Reports (Former Library Software Users Group)
- ALEPH Reports Survey Results
- Final Report of the Aleph Reports Survey
- “Survey Section P – The reports I’d really like” (SectionPrev.ppt)
- “Aleph Report Formats – XML to Tab-Delimited Text” (XMLtoTab-DelimitedText.ppt) with generic xsl file
- To download the generic xsl file, right click on the link and select your browser’s “Save as…” option – left clicking will give a 404 error.
- “Collection Development Report” (Collectiondevelopmentreport.doc)
- “Instructions for using the XSL Creator” (UsingtheXSLcreator.doc)
- “Alternate method for taking XML output and importing it into Excel” (Alternativemethod.doc – file missing)
SUNY Statewide Projects and Offices
- SUNY Main Site: The main online site for the State University of New York.
- Advanced Learning & Information Services (ALIS)
- Conference on Instructional Technologies (CIT)
- SUNY Training Center
- NYS Office for Technology (OFT)
- NYS OGS: State Contract Award Notices: Services [Includes Electronic Online Database Services]
- SUNY Computing Officers Association (COA)
SUNY Office of Library and Information Services
- LAIP: Library Automation Implementation Program
- SUNYConnect: The site for the developing SUNY virtual library system.
- SUNYConnect Advisory Council (formerly LASG)
- SUNYConnect Library Management System (ALEPH)
- Technical Support of Web2