Every year librarians & library staff gather at a different SUNY campus to share knowledge. The general meeting of the association and the changing of officers typically takes place at this time. Scholarships that fund attendance at the annual conference are available for new SUNYLA members (three years or less) and New York State library school students and recent grads. Apply by March 25, 2022!
SUNYLA 2022: Soaring into the Future of Libraries – a Hybrid Conference
June 8-10, 2022, Farmingdale State College
SUNYLA 2022 is a fully in-person conference with a selection of pre-recorded and live-streamed conference sessions.
- Over 30 in-person sessions
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Rachel Ivy Clarke, Syracuse University: “It’s Not Rocket Library Science: Reconceptualizing Librarianship as a Design Field”
- Poster Session reception sponsored by Elsevier
- Wednesday night Garden Party with cocktails in our beautiful ornamental gardens, sponsored EBSCO
- Vendor tables and presentations
- Battle Decks!
- Affordable on-campus accommodations in residence halls, a short walk to all.
In-Person Attendees (See below for presenter discounts):
- Full Conference: $80 for members, $150 for non-members*, $50 for library school students.
- One-day registration is available for $50 for members or $70 for non-members, $25.00 for library school students.
- Lodging is available on campus at a rate of $52/night.
- Linen rental (towels, sheets, pillows, blanket) available for $10.
- Area hotels are also available. See the lodging page of the conference website.
- $50 for members and library school students, $70 for non-members.
For more information, please visit the SUNYLA Conference Event page.
If you have any questions, please contact Karen Gelles (SUNYLA Conference Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org
SUNYLA also funds the Midwinter Online Conference.