- Organizes and conducts membership recruitment
Questions? Contact Carol Anne Germain (Albany), chair
- The Personnel Policies Committee is concerned with the development, coordination and implementation of the policies, procedures, and standards of appointment and other terms of employment of SUNY librarians.
- The Committee conducts, prints, and distributes a SUNY Library Salary Survey, generally every two years, with the time of the final report distribution being such that the data may be useful in contract negotiations.
- The Committee conducts exit surveys of librarians leaving SUNY libraries and reports on the responses to this survey back to the Board and Council.
Questions? Contact Mary Timmons (Monroe), chair
- The Professional Development Committee recommends and develops programs of continuing education for academic library professionals.
- The Committee supports and recognizes professional endeavors with grants, awards, and scholarships.
Professional Development Grants Program is part of the Professional Development Committee.
The SUNYLA Mentoring Program is coordinated by the Professional Development Committee.
The Professional Development Committee sponsors the following awards at the Annual Conference:
- Daniel F. Kissane Memorial Scholarship
- Friend of SUNYLA Award
- SUNYLA Mentor Award
- Sylvia Chu Memorial Scholarship
Questions? Contact Jennifer DeVito, president (chair is temporarily vacant)
- Publishes our Newsletter and any other publications of the Association
Questions? Contact April Davies (Cobleskill), chair
- Serves as a focus for the exchange of information about various library technologies including but not limited to automation, information technology, web services, user experience, etc.
- Encourages discussion and education within and between interest groups of SUNY librarians and staff
- Maintains lines of communication with the SUNY Office of Library and Information Services (OLIS)
- Provides an informal space to talk technology issues that matter to SUNY librarians
- Organizes the annual mid-winter SUNYLA virtual conference
Questions? Contact Jill Locascio (Optometry), chair
- Investigates system-wide initiatives relating to information literacy and offers recommendations for SUNY librarians to become involved.
- Provides a forum for reflecting on concerns or interests relating to teaching practices and/or instruction programs.
- Recommends and/or sponsor educational opportunities relating to information literacy for the SUNYLA community.
Visit the SILC blog for committee updates & opportunities for participation: https://www.sunyla.org/informationliteracy/