Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, & Accessibility Committee (IDEA)
The IDEA Committee will:
- Establish and maintain anti-racism, accessibility, diversity, justice, equity, and inclusion as fundamental principles of SUNYLA;
- Articulate the desired facets of anti-racism, accessibility, diversity, social justice, inclusion, and equity within SUNYLA;
- Propose appropriate programming;
- Consult with groups to identify metrics for measuring success of committee initiatives;
- Advise and coordinate with other SUNYLA committees, project teams, and the executive board on strategies to meet these goals.
Questions? Contact Milo Cameron (Mohawk Valley), chair
- Organizes and conducts membership recruitment
Questions? Contact Carol Anne Germain (Albany), chair
- The Personnel Policies Committee is concerned with the development, coordination and implementation of the policies, procedures, and standards of appointment and other terms of employment of SUNY librarians.
- The Committee conducts, prints, and distributes a SUNY Library Salary Survey, generally every two years, with the time of the final report distribution being such that the data may be useful in contract negotiations.
- The Committee conducts exit surveys of librarians leaving SUNY libraries and reports on the responses to this survey back to the Board and Council.
Questions? Contact Heather Stalter (Oneonta), chair
Professional Development Committee
- The Professional Development Committee recommends and develops programs of continuing education for academic library professionals.
- The Committee supports and recognizes professional endeavors with grants, awards, and scholarships.
The Professional Development Grants Program and Promotion and Tenure subgroup are part of the Professional Development Committee.
The SUNYLA Mentoring Program is coordinated by the Professional Development Committee.
The Professional Development Committee sponsors the following awards at the Annual Conference:
- Daniel F. Kissane Memorial Scholarship
- Excellence in Scholarship & Excellence in Student Scholarship Awards
- Friend of SUNYLA Award
- SUNYLA Mentor Award
- Sylvia Chu Memorial Scholarship
Questions? Contact Logan Rath (Brockport), chair
- Publishes our Newsletter and any other publications of the Association
Questions? Contact April Davies (Cobleskill), chair
- Investigates system-wide initiatives relating to information literacy and offers recommendations for SUNY librarians to become involved.
- Provides a forum for reflecting on concerns or interests relating to teaching practices and/or instruction programs.
- Recommends and/or sponsor educational opportunities relating to information literacy for the SUNYLA community.
Visit the SILC blog for committee updates & opportunities for participation: https://www.sunyla.org/informationliteracy/
- Serves as a focus for the exchange of information about various library technologies including but not limited to automation, information technology, web services, user experience, etc.
- Encourages discussion and education within and between interest groups of SUNY librarians and staff
- Maintains lines of communication with the SUNY Office of Library and Information Services (OLIS)
- Provides an informal space to talk technology issues that matter to SUNY librarians
- Organizes the annual mid-winter SUNYLA virtual conference
Questions? Contact Jill Locascio (Optometry), chair