Part of a delegate’s responsibility is to promote SUNYLA to their campus library. This can be done by communicating relevant information from the council meetings, highlighting some of the workshops and events, or identifying some of the benefits of being a SUNYLA member to your campus library colleagues.
Following is a list of some of the benefits of SUNYLA membership. There is an online brochure that outlines these benefits as well and can be shared via email.
Benefits of membership include:
- Professional development programming such as workshops and conferences (Midwinter & Annual Conferences)
- Professional grants and scholarships
- Networking opportunities including mentoring and listserv
- Service opportunities including conference planning, committee memberships, and leadership opportunities
Regularly updating your campus library colleagues about what’s going on at SUNYLA is a great way to increase awareness of and involvement in SUNYLA activities.
Update your colleagues about:
- Relevant information from SUNYLA Council meetings
- Calls for content for the newsletter and when the newsletter comes out
- Conference planning, calls for proposal, and the conferences themselves
- Opportunities for SUNYLA involvement – committees, collaboration initiatives
- Ways to stay informed – listserv, newsletters, forum
- Grants and scholarships
- Membership renewal