SUNYLA 2020: The Heart of the Campus: Accessible, Inclusive, & Inspiring Libraries
Mohawk Valley Community College
June 17-19, 2020
Call for Poster Session Proposals
Deadline to submit: Friday, March 27, 2020
Academic libraries strive to be the heart of their institution; a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive center supporting the myriad information needs of the collegiate community. Please join us at Mohawk Valley Community College June 17-19, 2020 for SUNYLA’s annual conference. This year we will focus on how libraries create and sustain an accessible, inclusive, and inspiring learning environment that exceeds user expectations.
Please submit poster proposals here: Call for Poster Session Proposals. The poster session will take place on Thursday, June 18, 4:15-6:00 P.M.
Poster proposals are welcome from librarians or library staff, SUNY or non-SUNY.
- Wi-Fi is available in the poster session area, as are a limited number of electrical outlets. If you plan to use an electronic display, please bring a fully charged device.
- Poster presenters receive a 10% discount off registration. For information about expense reimbursement, please see the Guidelines for the SUNYLA Annual Conference expenses.
- If you have any questions please contact poster proposal lead Andrea Kingston (firstname.lastname@example.org) or conference chair Jocelyn Ireland (email@example.com).
The deadline for workshop and presentation proposals has been extended to February 28, 2020.
The 2020 SUNYLA conference, “The Heart of the Campus: Accessible, Inclusive, & Inspiring Libraries,” will be held June 17-19, 2020, at Mohawk Valley Community College. More information on the conference is available on the conference website.
The Planning Committee is accepting proposals for pre-conference workshops, lightning talks, and breakout session presentations in the following tracks:
- Accessibility and Equity
- Archives and Special Collections
- Cataloging and Technical Services
- Collection Development
- Leadership and Management
- Open Educational Resources or other Textbook Affordability Efforts
- Professional Development
- Public Services and Interlibrary Loan
- Reference and Instruction
- Scholarly Communication
- Systems and Technology
The proposal form will allow you to assign more than one track to your presentation. If you are not sure which track your presentation fits into, submit your proposal and reviewers will assign a track.
Please submit your proposals here: Call for Proposals. Submit a separate form for each workshop or presentation if proposing multiple sessions.
- Pre-conference workshop
- Date: June 17, 2020
- Length of time: 90 minutes
- Typical workshops are active training where participants have the opportunity for hands-on practice or time for critical thinking and application.
- Breakout session presentation
- Date: June 18-19, 2020
- Length of time: 45 minutes
- Lightning talk
- Date: June 18-19, 2020
- Length of time: 10 minutes or under
- If you don’t think your topic needs a full 45 minutes, then consider sharing with a lightning talk.
For information regarding conference expense reimbursement, please refer to the Guidelines for the SUNYLA Annual Conference Expenses. Presenters receive a 25% registration fee discount.
Registration is now open for the SUNYLA Midwinter 2020 conference. For more information and the registration link, check out the conference page: http://sunyla.org/sunyla-midwinter-2020/.
The next council meeting will be Friday, January 10, at the Fashion Institute of Technology. The meeting will be held from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. with a break for lunch.
If you will be attending in person or attending the lunch, fill out the Google form to RSVP: https://forms.gle/EPwDcZBvo5M4hC2B6
It is important to RSVP so your name is on the list given to FIT security and you can gain entry into the building. A link to attend virtually will be sent out shortly.
Proposals for pre-conference workshops, breakout sessions, and lightning talks are now being accepted for SUNYLA 2020 – The Heart of the Campus: Accessible, Inclusive, & Inspiring Libraries (https://sunyla2020.wordpress.com/). The conference will take place June 17-19, 2020 at the Utica campus of Mohawk Valley Community College.
Submit your proposals with the proposal form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeX7K3_kSVmPKgGL1aiL7Pwie0FaNxgFRhq5iqPnP4HrtkL3Q/viewform?usp=sf_link.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, February 21, 2020.
The next SUNYLA council meeting will be Friday, November 8, at the University at Albany. The meeting will begin at 10 a.m. Reports and the draft minutes and agenda will be available on the forum.
If you will be attending in person, please fill out the Google form for a parking pass and lunch count: https://forms.gle/CN4Vk743BnvgYaP48.
September 20, 2019: SUNY Geneseo
November 8, 2019: University at Albany (changed from Nov. 15)
January 10, 2020: Fashion Institution of Technology (changed from Jan. 17)
March 27, 2020: Mohawk Valley Community College