Author Topic: President's Report September 2020  (Read 110 times)

cg219

• View Profile
President's Report September 2020
« on: September 17, 2020, 02:04:19 PM »

Thank you to SUNYLA and its members! I appreciate the energy that goes into this organization. Special thanks to William Jones III for his term as president - leading us through some trying times through the pandemic. Additionally, a HUGE thank you to Jocelyn Ireland and her team for the phenomenal work on the 2020 conference - over 500 attendees - WOW, a first for our annual conference.  And I am grateful for our delegates and their continued work with advancing SUNYLA on our campuses - we have almost 400 members due in part to their efforts.   

In August, I sent SUNYLA Standing Committee chairs the lists of members who are interested in participating in a respective committee. This should be an ongoing (@ 6 month) task. This informs committee chairs about members who would like to be involved. Chairs can contact these members to coordinate .... We do not have ad hoc committees on our membership form; would we want to add that to the new database structure.

Thank you to Katherine Brent for her many years in serving as the Webmaster.  At conference, Bill Jones agreed to take on the Webmaster role and work on the membership database.

Respectfully,
Carol Anne