Author Topic: President's report  (Read 190 times)

jenndevito

• View Profile
President's report
« on: January 18, 2023, 10:40:35 AM »
Adam Saunders and I held a meeting for SUNYLA delegates on Friday, 18 November. We had a terrific discussion and left with a number of suggestions and action items. Among the recommendations is holding a delegate meeting at the beginning of the academic year, prior to the first council meeting in September, to provide delegates with information about the role of delegate, the forum, submitting reports for the Council meeting, etc. Other points that were brought up include providing information and tips on how to promote SUNYLA to libraries and updating the Delegate tool kit. Finally, there was discussion around if and how SUNYLA can collaborate with the New York State Library Assistants’ Association (NYSLAA) to provide support to library professional staff without duplicating efforts.

Adam and I will be working on updating the tool kit over the next few months. I met with Cathy Fallon, president of NYSLAA, to gauge their interest in collaborating. Cathy discussed it with the association and they have a volunteer to serve as a liaison to SUNYLA (discussion under New Business) and are open to further discussion about how the two associations can work together, particularly on professional development offerings.

Respectfully submitted,

Jennifer DeVito