Author Topic: Professional Development Report  (Read 201 times)

KDnolan

• View Profile
Professional Development Report
« on: November 12, 2021, 07:09:10 AM »
 The professional development committee and the library school sub-committee will be meeting in the next week or so to discuss the revised mentoring program.

Lisa Errico had a request from Emily Kilcer (SUNY Albany) she is requesting a professional development grant to participate in the first NYS CFR cohort training which will launch on February 4, 2022 and run through April 15, 2022. They are looking for grant funding to cover the honorarium for this training. They seek $1000 funding for this initiative. Our cap is $750 - would we consider funding the entire amount requested? Below is Emily's request.

I'm writing on behalf of UAlbany Libraries.

We are establishing a New York State Copyright First Responders (NYS CFRs) network. Institutions assisting in the launch of this initiative include Binghamton University, Cornell, The Graduate Center/CUNY, Stony Brook University, SUNY Oneonta, University at Albany, University at Buffalo, and Upstate Medical University. We plan to expand the network through NYS over time.

The CFR program features a library-centered copyright law curriculum, building library expertise through a decentralized hub-and-spoke learning community that can provide network-wide support in a trusted environment. For more information, see
•   The Copyright First Responders Model (The Ticker, 2020)   
•   Sarah Benson's coverage of the CFR lecture at the Kraemer Conference in the Journal of Copyright in Education & Librarianship. 
•   An Association of Southeastern Research Libraries webinar on the CFR program (stars at 6:05)
Over the past 6 years, the CFR program has extended from its origin by Kyle Courtney at Harvard to many state and regional libraries and other organizations in Alaska, California, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Oregon, Washington, and Rhode Island. He continues to build and add members. 

The first NYS CFR cohort training will launch on February 4, 2022 and run through April 15, 2022. We are looking for grant funding to cover the honorarium for this training. We are seeking $1000.

Looking at the SUNYLA Professional Development Grants Program guidelines, it looks as though we may be eligible to apply for support of this kind, since the effort requires funding for a start-up cost for the program, which would benefit UAlbany Libraries, as well as other SUNY libraries.

Before I draw up an application, though, I was hoping to get a sense of whether my reading of the criteria aligns with the program's goals. If so, then I will draw up an application.

Thank you in advance for any clarification you may be able to provide.

All best,
Emily