Author Topic: 2nd VP/Conference Chair Report  (Read 188 times)

cfishner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2nd VP/Conference Chair Report
« on: June 16, 2021, 09:38:26 AM »
The 2021 conference is off and running! We have 386 registered attendees (as of 9am this morning) with 8 vendors. It's not the conference we started out planning, but I am so proud of the work we have we done. I cannot thank enough the conference planning committee who has worked very hard to create a well planned and creative version of SUNYLA Annual conference, in virtual form. We hope one day you will come and visit us in person here at Delhi. We tried very hard to include as many of the traditions of the annual conference that we all know and love in this year’s virtual conference, and we hope that everyone will join in as much as you are able to do so.

A few highlights I’d like to point out – there is a conference virtual photo booth – please take pictures, and if you’re willing, share to the gallery! You may find your photo in future SUNYLA social media. It’s nice to see each other having fun and smiling, just like at our regular social events and networking.

Wednesday and Thursday evening, we do have social events taking place from 7-9pm – please stop in and check them out. There are two scheduled activities each night, as well as an open social room for networking and hanging out. Remember to thank EBSCO for supporting our social events, bring your koozie with you to Wednesday evenings events with your beverage of choice.

As always, we couldn’t make the conference as affordable as we do without our generous sponsors. Thanks to their support, we were once again able to provide a near-zero cost virtual conference this year.

Have fun, and we can’t wait to see you all in person again next year at SUNYLA 2022 at Farmingdale!

Respectfully,
Carrie Fishner