The Joint Committee (SCLD/SUNYLA) on Innovative Library Services through Technology is looking for nominations for instructors as well as proposals for elective courses to complete the certificate. Please see the attached flyer for more information or visit http://www.sunyla.org/ilst today!
Call for Nominations and Proposals
INNOVATIVE LIBRARY SERVICES THROUGH TECHNOLOGY
The Joint Committee (SCLD/SUNYLA) on Innovative Library Services through Technology is looking for individuals to develop courses designed for librarians, library clerks, other library employees, technology support specialists, instructional technologists and instructional designers. Instructors will be asked to create courses to develop participant expertise so that they can lead projects that establish innovative library services, and lead outreach programs for departmental faculty and student support centers that promote integrated library services.
WHAT WE NEED
1. Nominations for Instructors for our Core Courses
- Collaborative Technologies for Libraries
- New Service Models in Libraries
- Emerging Technologies in Libraries
- Project Management for Libraries
2. Proposals for Electives (electives will be tracked as public services or technical services)
- instructional design and transliteracy/metaliteracy/media and visual literacy
- teaching 21st century learners (learning theories, pedagogy, etc.)
- learning space design
- web design
- RDA & alternative metadata schemes
- data-driven collection analysis
Delivery can be:
- Four sessions/modules
- One month
- Synchronous Workshops / Webinars – 1-3 hours
- Face-to-face course sessions held at CIT or SUNYLA conferences.
- All courses will be licensed under a Creative Commons license (CC-BY-NC) in the spirit of open educational resources.
Nominate someone or submit a proposal today!
Nominations for instructors for the core courses are due October 29, 2013.
Course proposals for electives are due November 20, 2013.