The June Council meeting will be held virtually on June 17, 2020, from 9:00-11:00 a.m. Connection information is available on the SUNYLA listserv or from the secretary.
Registration for SUNYLA 2020 will open to members on May 1, 2020, and on May 11, 2020, to non-members. Please check the registration page for updates: https://sunyla2020.wordpress.com/registration/
The next SUNYLA council meeting will be March 27, 2020, at 10 a.m. The meeting will be online-only. A Zoom link will be made available closer to the meeting date through the SUNYLA listservs.
Mohawk Valley Community College
June 17-19, 2020
Deadline to submit: Friday, March 27, 2020
Academic libraries strive to be the heart of their institution; a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive center supporting the myriad information needs of the collegiate community. Please join us at Mohawk Valley Community College June 17-19, 2020 for SUNYLA’s annual conference. This year we will focus on how libraries create and sustain an accessible, inclusive, and inspiring learning environment that exceeds user expectations.
Please submit poster proposals here: Call for Poster Session Proposals. The poster session will take place on Thursday, June 18, 4:15-6:00 P.M.
Poster proposals are welcome from librarians or library staff, SUNY or non-SUNY.
- Wi-Fi is available in the poster session area, as are a limited number of electrical outlets. If you plan to use an electronic display, please bring a fully charged device.
- Poster presenters receive a 10% discount off registration. For information about expense reimbursement, please see the Guidelines for the SUNYLA Annual Conference expenses.
- If you have any questions please contact poster proposal lead Andrea Kingston (firstname.lastname@example.org) or conference chair Jocelyn Ireland (email@example.com).
The deadline for workshop and presentation proposals has been extended to February 28, 2020.
The 2020 SUNYLA conference, “The Heart of the Campus: Accessible, Inclusive, & Inspiring Libraries,” will be held June 17-19, 2020, at Mohawk Valley Community College. More information on the conference is available on the conference website.
The Planning Committee is accepting proposals for pre-conference workshops, lightning talks, and breakout session presentations in the following tracks:
- Accessibility and Equity
- Archives and Special Collections
- Cataloging and Technical Services
- Collection Development
- Leadership and Management
- Open Educational Resources or other Textbook Affordability Efforts
- Professional Development
- Public Services and Interlibrary Loan
- Reference and Instruction
- Scholarly Communication
- Systems and Technology
The proposal form will allow you to assign more than one track to your presentation. If you are not sure which track your presentation fits into, submit your proposal and reviewers will assign a track.
Please submit your proposals here: Call for Proposals. Submit a separate form for each workshop or presentation if proposing multiple sessions.
- Pre-conference workshop
- Date: June 17, 2020
- Length of time: 90 minutes
- Typical workshops are active training where participants have the opportunity for hands-on practice or time for critical thinking and application.
- Breakout session presentation
- Date: June 18-19, 2020
- Length of time: 45 minutes
- Lightning talk
- Date: June 18-19, 2020
- Length of time: 10 minutes or under
- If you don’t think your topic needs a full 45 minutes, then consider sharing with a lightning talk.
For information regarding conference expense reimbursement, please refer to the Guidelines for the SUNYLA Annual Conference Expenses. Presenters receive a 25% registration fee discount.
Registration is now open for the SUNYLA Midwinter 2020 conference. For more information and the registration link, check out the conference page: http://sunyla.org/sunyla-midwinter-2020/.