The Professional Development Committee of the State University of New York Librarian’s Association seeks nominations for the 2020 Friend of SUNYLA award. The award is given to individuals or organizations that actively contribute to furthering the goals of SUNYLA and of SUNY libraries.
The criteria for the award are as follows:
- Exceptional leadership in projects and initiatives that further the goals of SUNYLA and of SUNY libraries.
- Members of SUNYLA will be considered based on their involvement in the organization in areas such as holding an office or providing exceptional leadership as committee chairs.
- Library administrators will be considered based on their collaboration with librarians, their creativity, and their openness to new initiatives that further the goals of SUNYLA and of SUNY libraries.
- Candidates from the public-at-large will be considered based on their collaboration with SUNYLA, their understanding of the mission of SUNY libraries, and their efforts to improve the quality of library services across SUNY.
- Professional organizations as well as publishers, vendors, and other library-related commercial organizations will be considered given their active support of and collaboration with SUNYLA and SUNY libraries.
The SUNYLA Executive Board will review nominations and will select the recipient prior to the annual conference. The award will be given at the 51st Annual Conference at Mohawk Valley Community College.
Past recipients include: Judith Adams-Volpe, Mary Beilby, Sandy Card, Eleanor Carter, Ginette Chambers, Anne Commerton, Raney Ellis, Faculty Access to Computing Technology (FACT), Christine Haile, David Kreh, the New York State Library Assistants Association (NYSLAA), Andrew Perry, John Philippo, Janet Potter, Natalie Sturr, Ed Sullivan, Maureen Zajkowski, Wilfred Drew, the Office of Library and Information Services (OLIS), Carol Anne Germain, the SUNYConnect Advisory Council, Ed Rivenburgh, Gerald Leibowitz, Kim Davies Hoffman, NJ Wolfe, Mark Smith, John Schumacher, Logan Rath, Dave Ritchie, Cerise Oberman, Rosanne Humes, EBSCO, April Davies, Rebecca Hyams, and Shannon Pritting.
Please send a statement of your nominee’s achievements as they specifically address the above criteria no later than April 13 2020 to:
University Libraries, LI 318
University at Albany
Albany, NY 12222