Author Topic: President's Report  (Read 566 times)

Rebecca Hyams

• View Profile
President's Report
« on: June 06, 2016, 10:27:58 AM »
Has it been a year already? This is already my final update as SUNYLA President! This has been a great year for us and I'm proud to have presided over the organization for the past year.

I'm pleased to announce the incoming board:
Bill Jones (Geneseo)- President
Carrie Fishner (Delhi)- 1st VP/President-Elect
Jennifer DeVito (Stony Brook)- 2nd VP/Conference Chair
Amanda Lowe (Albany)- Secretary
Greg Bobish (Albany)- Treasurer

Following the conference I will move into the role of Past-President (Ex-Officio).

The two Bylaws changes on our election ballot also passed. TUG has officially been renamed the TDG (Technology Discussion Group) and the Publication Committee's charge has been broadened to include social media and other forms of communication.

As voted at the last council meeting, SUNYLA 2017 will be held at Stony Brook University in Stony Brook, NY on June 14-16, 2017.

Bill and I attended the SCLD Spring Meeting in Albany held on April 19-21. A lot of the meeting was devoted to updates on their Strategic Plan initiatives and work with the Ithaka S+R Consultants. (SCLD has contracted with Ithaka S+R to give a report on SUNY Libraries, though I think it is a little murky right now if Ithaka is giving advice about SCLD or SUNY Libraries as a whole because I've heard both.) I've summarized the ELD discussion in my SCFC report. Shannon Pritting also gave an update about the ILS Review process, which the ILS Review Group will be giving on Wednesday as a Pre-Conference session. (I can't elaborate much more on the forum here about that as the discussion is SUNY-Confidential, but if you are interested and can't attend the session on Wednesday, it will be recorded.)

At the council meeting we will vote to approve a new chair for the Professional Development Committee and new liaisons to FACT2 and LACUNY.

I hope to see many of you around at Binghamton this week! I hope everyone coming enjoys the conference!