Author Topic: METRO 3Rs Liaison Report  (Read 1115 times)

Kfrazier

• View Profile
METRO 3Rs Liaison Report
« on: May 28, 2015, 12:17:38 PM »
                                                                             METRO 3Rs Liaison Report
                                                                                         6/3/15

I represented SUNYLA at two programs that were organized by ALLN (Archives and Library Leadership Network. The Student Mixer took place at Queens College on March 17, 2015. I also attended “From the Classroom to the Community: Social Justice in Library and Information Science.” This program was held at St John’s University on Saturday, May 18, 2015.  It was a full-day conference that featured Marybeth Zeman, author of Tales of a Jailhouse Librarian: Challenging the Juvenile Justice System One Book at a Time and the keynote address entitled “Dark Matter” by Michael Edson, Web and New Media Strategist, Smithsonian Institution. Library students from the Division of Library and Information Science also discussed their research throughout the program. During both events, I participated in the “Meet the Professional Organizations of New York” segments. I highlighted the benefits of SUNYLA student membership and scholarships and I networked with library students.

SUNYLA President Rosanne Humes and new METRO 3Rs Liaison Jill Locascio attended the “Welcome to the Open House” that was held on May 20, 2015 at METRO in Manhattan. It was sponsored by ALLN (Archives and Library Leadership Network of New York City) and METRO.  The purpose of this event was to welcome new librarians to the profession and provide them an opportunity to network with library organizations.  Each participating library organization was asked to have a representative attend the event and submit a raffle item.  On behalf of SUNYLA, Rosanne donated a certificate for a free one-year student membership and an Amazon Gift Card.

Respectfully submitted,
Katrina Frazier
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 12:19:37 PM by Kfrazier »