Author Topic: 1st Vice President Report  (Read 1412 times)

Rebecca Hyams

• View Profile
1st Vice President Report
« on: March 10, 2015, 11:33:02 AM »
It's that time of year again! Time for the Nomination Committee to seek nominations for 1st Vice President/President-Elect, 2nd Vice President/Conference Chair and Treasurer. Any member current with their dues is eligible to run for a position. I'll be sending out a call for nominations on the listserv in the next few days and I'm hoping to have a good slate this year! Elections are typically in April.

The position terms are:
1st VP/President-Elect serves for 3 years (1 as VP, 1 as President, and 1 as Past-President)
2nd VP/Conference Chair serves for 1 year (and should be at the site hosting the conference)
Treasurer serves for 2 years

In other areas, I took a look through the delegate list again. There are a few folks who identified themselves as delegates but are not actually members of SUNYLA, so I plan on reaching out to them and asking them to get their membership in. (At least two campuses don't have delegates, but we do have contact information for people in their libraries in lieu of delegates.)

There is also one campus off the top of my head where a delegate left since the last time I checked my list. (If this sounds like your campus, please contact me so we can talk about getting a new delegate elected.)

Logan Rath

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Vice President Report
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 12:40:06 PM »
Does Greg plan on running for treasurer again? (Please say yes, Greg)

GregB

• View Profile
Re: 1st Vice President Report
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 01:19:48 PM »
Sure, I just can't get enough!