Author Topic: 2nd VP Report  (Read 1944 times)

sarahmorehouse

• Not dead yet
    • View Profile
2nd VP Report
« on: September 19, 2011, 11:41:10 AM »
We are asking for $5000 in seed money for the upcoming SUNYLA conference.

SUNYLA 2012 is going to take place at the Fashion Institute of Technology, June 6-8. (The earlier date gives us better options for facilities use, because FIT runs a shortened week later in the summer.)

I've been working with NJ Wolfe at FIT, and we have found and reserved spaces for the conference itself. We can't reserve particular classrooms yet, but we will as soon as we are able. As for housing, the Kaufman residence hall is air conditioned and has many other amenities. NJ is working to negotiate a lower price with FIT's housing people. Right now, the price is set at $81 per night per person, for a double.

People who want to help with local arrangements should contact NJ (nj_wolfe@fitnyc.edu). People who want to help with any other aspect of the conference should contact me (sarah.morehouse@esc.edu). Right now I'm just compiling a list of names, but we will have things to do very soon.

I've created a conference blog/web site at http://sunyla2012.wordpress.com, and a number of people have posting access. It will start to become active shortly.